Number Crunching - Russian investment, expensive payout and record attendance

Number Crunching - Russian investment, expensive payout and record attendance

Thursday, November 17, 2016 Posted by Andy McCarron
A breakdown of some of the more interesting figures to emerge from the gambling industry in the past seven days

5 – The number of minutes in each ‘Beat the Clock’ tournament on PokerStars. The timed tournaments, held in Zoom Poker format, are available on both desktop and mobile. Players who can stay in the game until the five-minute clock runs out win prizes in proportion to their stack of chips.

US$500m - The amount about to be invested in Phase 2 of Tigre de Cristal, the biggest casino in Russia’s Integrated Entertainment Zone in the Primorye Region near Vladivostok. Craig Ballantyne, executive director of the casino owner G1 Entertainment, said: “The project totalling $500m will contribute to further development of the economy by increasing tourism, subsequently, the development of the region and provide direct employment opportunities for more than 2,000 people. We intend to turn an integrated entertainment resort Primorye into a place for recreation and world-class entertainment.”

£20,000 – The fundraising target exceeded by Sky Betting and Gaming in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust. Sky Sports’ Friday Night Football presenter Rachel Riley presented the company’s Gala Ball in Leeds, which made an additional £16,218 for the charity.

£800,000 – The cost of Paddy Power’s decision to pay out early on Hillary Clinton to win the US Election. The Irish bookmaker were subsequently hit with a further bill of around £4 million to pay clients who had backed Trump to reach the White House.

£30million – The potential group savings outlined by William Hill, as the company looks to turnaround its digital performance. Undertaking a group operational restructure, which this week saw the operator appoint three new Non-Executive Directors as corporate advisors, William Hill has also detailed that half its planned savings would be re-invested into group marketing.

70% - The percentage of financial brokerage company Consolidated Financial Holdings (CFH) that will be owned by Playtech after the firm invested $43.4m in cash. Playtech could pay up to $120m if it excercises its right to buy the remaining 30% by 2019. Ron Hoffman, CEO of Playtech's Financials division, said: "The acquisition of CFH will strengthen Playtech's offering in the B2B market of financial trading and provide the foundation for future acquisitions as well as to become one of the only businesses to offer proprietary, dedicated B2C and B2B platforms to clients."

$2.56bn - The amount offered by David Baazov to try and acquire Amaya. The former CEO of the company has made a formal approach to purchase Amaya assets outright.

3,056 – The total number of delegates at last month’s Berlin Affiliate Conference. iGB Affiliate has confirmed that the four-day event, which directly followed the EiG Expo in the same city, was the best attended in its history. 

No alternative text provided

RISQ's Julian Borg-Barthet - The evolving jackpot landscape

No alternative text provided

QTech Games CEO Jonas Alm: The challenges and complexities of the Asian market

No alternative text provided

Number Crunching - John Asher, Cherry AB and GIVEMESPORT

No alternative text provided

Number Crunching - STS, DrückGlück and Etoro

Gaming Products & Services Directory

The essential directory for the gaming industry