Head of Engineering
This FTSE 250 Company provides an opportunity for the candidate in this role to solve new problems regularly, build and scale the company, and be a part of maintaining an entrepreneurial environment and fast-paced, achievement culture.
Job Description:The Head of Engineering role is responsible for managing software engineering teams across multiple European locations and across five major business channels, Sports Book, Gaming and International, Trading, Retail and Data Management. The role is responsible for facilitating knowledge sharing between technology teams and ensuring there is alignment in theuse of technology and implementation of processes and best practice standards across the organisation.
The role requires deep technical experience delivering software products and services as well as strong leadership skills. Another essential aspect of this role will be the ability to forge objective and professional relationships with key stakeholders in both the senior Technical and Business community.
- Promote and instill the company's directional values in the engineering teams, ensuring engineering practices sustain horizontal scalability of systems, continuous engineering in maintenance, and collaborative working across teams.
- Champion development practices such as incremental delivery, continuous integration and deployment and interoperable cross-team micro services.
- Encourage transparency through the use of KPIs, collaboration and continuous improvement, constantly looking to improve the way software is created and delivered
- Ensure there is alignment across the engineering teams/technical partners in order to avoid duplication of effort and incompatibility of deliveries.
- Commercial Awareness/Strategy Approach.
- Senior Stakeholder Management.
- Influencing/Relationship Management.
- Delivering Results.
- Managing Change.
- Applied Technical/Professional Skills
- Quality Focus.