DraftKings to operate until New York court date

DraftKings to operate until New York court date

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 Totally Gaming
The DFS operator will make its case to New York's Supreme Court

DraftKings will be able to operate in New York until at least next Wednesday when a state Supreme Court emergency hearing will take place.

DraftKings filed a motion at the court on Monday seeking an order temporarily restraining the New York Attorney General, Eric Schneiderman, from taking any action to enforce the cease and desist letter sent to the operator and rival FanDuel last week.

The daily fantasy sports (DFS) also requested an expedited hearing schedule “to resolve this matter as quickly as possible”.

Judge Manuel Mendez granted an emergency hearing for Wednesday, November 25, and said that Schneiderman assured the court he will take no action against DraftKings or its business partners before then, thus negating the need for a temporarily restraining order. 

“We are confident in our legal position, and look forward to our day in court next week,” said a DraftKings spokesperson. “As a result, we intend to continue operating in New York.”

Related article: Will New York AG take up $100k fantasy offer?

Tags: 
Latest

Play’n GO aims to strike gold with new video slot

Nektan aims to prosper with first mobile bet in California

Golden Race punches into retail and mobile markets

First to market: 888 games now available on Google Play

Gaming Products & Services Directory

The essential directory for the gaming industry