Jo Mayer's Top 'To Dos' At ICE
Jo Mayer's Top 'To Dos' At ICE
As the international industry prepares to arrive at The ICE Gaming Technopolis, it's important to prepare in advance in order to make the very most of the features, events and opportunities at the pop-up gaming city of the future. The easiest way to navigate the Technopolis is to download the mobile app. Visit the app/google store and search for Totally Gaming or visit ddut.ch/ice.
Here, ICE Marketing Director, Jo Mayer, takes on the role of ICE Maitre D’ to provide her top things to do for visitors at world gaming's No.1 event.
* Britain’s famous betting publication will be hosting visitors to ICE at the Racing Post Café Bar, based in the heart of the Sports Betting area. Grab a coffee and plan your day using the ICE route planner and catalogue.
* Head to The Hippodrome, one of London’s foremost casinos, on Monday 1st Feb for the International Casino Conference. The industry go-to event for customer experience, regulation and innovation for the land-based sector, ICC will be taking a step into tomorrow’s social casino and explore how to capture the next generation of casual gamblers.
* Take 5 at Miami Spice! Chill in the sun and detox at the juice bar. Pull down those shades, pose for a pic and transport yourself to Miami beach. You can also find out about Juegos Miami, the brand new invitation only event from the organisers of ICE.
* There’s no way past the Novomatic booth – it’s at the heart of the show in the South Hall. With a stand the size of a small casino, the traditionally spectacular Novomatic booth will cover all aspects of gaming with products and solutions for a variety of international markets and their particular segments. While the company is keeping new products under wraps until the show, I have heard that they will be launching four new cabinets for the NovoStar V.I.P. II line, already a hit on the international casino floors.
* Head over to the South Gallery on Wednesday 3rd Feb South Gallery rooms 9 & 10, 10:15 - 12:30 for the Millennials & Gaming Seminar. Casinos all over the world are desperately trying to find a way to attract new generations of players to their establishments recognising that current visitors represent an ageing demographic. The ICE seminar will offer insights available on the profile of the Millennials, their entertainment habits and how technology should be transformed to deliver a new kind of experience.
* Make a trip over to the Pitch ICE stand now in its second successful year. Over the first two days of Pitch ICE, between 15-20 start-ups will get two 15-minutes slots to present their business.
* Take advantage of a free one-hour taster session from the acclaimed Totally Gaming Academy.
* Tuesday 2nd February sees an all-day seminar on US Tribal Gaming taking place in the South Gallery rooms 9 & 10 from 10:25. Organised in close cooperation with the National Indian Gaming Association, the leading group representing the interests of the Native American casino industry in the USA, and Victor Rocha, owner and publisher of Pechanga.net, Indian Country’s most influential source of news, information and opinion, this seminar returns to inform ICE’s global audience on the current state and business opportunities in tribal gaming.
* Evolution Gaming will use next week’s ICE Totally Gaming trade show to showcase several new products in its line of live hybrid online table game products, which beam a live-dealer game to online, tablet and mobile users. Marking their debuts at Evolution’s stand N2-250 are the new multi-camera Live Baccarat range, including Live Baccarat Squeeze; Live Caribbean Stud Poker; and Evolution’s Dual Play Roulette convergence solution.
* Put on your GiGse goggles at Stand N3-260 and look out for our GiGse girls dressed in steam punk to receive your free 15% wristband to attend the 2016 conference. This year GiGse will also feature the co-located event The Millennial Summit, enabling attendees to learn about all things iGaming, whilst building their 2016 Millennial engagement strategy all in one space.
* Book on to a Sports Betting Tour courtesy of Sports Betting Community. The tours are designed to give delegates the opportunity to mix with key industry suppliers and to discover the latest products that will help their business thrive in a competitive market. The tours start at 11am on the SBC stand SD2-C/D and will run on Tuesday 2nd and Wednesday 3rd. Visitors attending the Tuesday tour will also be able to pick up tickets for SBC’s London Baby! networking event in the evening.
* Capitalise on eSports at the Betmarkets conference, taking place on 3rd Feb in the Platinum Suite. This forward-looking conference will examine the colossal success of the eSports industry and consider how Sportsbooks might maximise the chance to benefit from this market. It will also consider virtual sports, fantasy sports and other routes to new markets and profits.
* Knockout Games. Try your luck at the Inspired stand S2-310 to win Mike Tyson-signed boxing gloves.
* Save a penalty from ex-England legend Michael Owen? Try your luck at the Colossus Bets Stand S1-312. Colossus Bets is the home of ‘The £10,000,000 Colossus’ and the B2B provider of the world’s biggest jackpot sports pools.
* Finish off onsite in the PlanetWin365 Sport Betting Bar for a game of Wheel of Fortune, some keepy uppy and a well-deserved beer or two!
* ICE isn’t over yet. Take advantage of a series of offers from our selected casino partners in the London Casino Club. Enjoy a complimentary drink and a chance to win £50 on roulette at the Hippodrome. Or head to the Playboy Club London for a casino tour by an iconic Playboy Bunny followed by a free cocktail at Salvatore’s Bar.
ICE Totally Gaming is the only b2b gaming event that brings together the online and offline gaming sectors. Featuring world-leading innovators drawn from the betting, bingo, casino, lottery, mobile, online, social and street sectors ICE provides a sensational, global perspective on all forms of gaming.
For more information on ICE, including the acclaimed ICE Conference & Seminar programme and to register for free tickets, visit: www.icetotallygaming.com