WEBINAR: Preparing for the Supreme Court decision in NJ sports betting case – options for the sports industry
Tue, Aug 15, 2017 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM BST
In an unexpected move, the US Supreme Court, against the recommendation of the Solicitor General, agreed to hear the arguments in the New Jersey challenge to PASPA.
This opens the doors to a possible repeal of PASPA and an arrival of sports betting regulation and roll-out across the country sooner than many expected.
The leagues have long opposed the legalization of sports betting, in particular in the state model, advocated by New Jersey. Re-affirmed by the multiple court decisions against New Jersey, the Supreme Court action surely came as a surprise.
This webinar will cover:
- How should the sports industry position itself to be ready for all scenarios?
- What are the possible scenarios and how each of them might impact on the sports industry’s positioning, reputation and commercial opportunities?
- Is a settlement with New Jersey possible and what could it entail?
- What are sports betting legalization options that the sports industry could consider: state vs. federal scenarios?
- What are the minimum sports integrity standards that would need to be established to satisfy the concerns of the leagues?
Our webinar experts and sports analysts will weigh in, in advance of strategic discussions at Sports Betting USA conference, taking place in New York City on November 14-15.
- Daniel Wallach, Shareholder, Becker
- Andrew Brandt, NFL Business Analyst, ESPN & Director, Moorad Center for Sports Law Sports Law Program
- David Purdum, Writer, ESPN
A reminder that everyone that registers for the webinar will receive the webinar recording.